The South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation, Division of Labor would like to invite employers to participate in the 2017 Safety Awards Program. The Program recognizes companies’ efforts to achieve and maintain healthy and safe worksites. The program is open to any qualifying South Carolina employer.
Awards are presented in three categories:
Palmetto Shining Star Award (must qualify in at least one of the following)
– No fatalities or recordable injuries or illnesses during calendar year 2016;
– A reduction of at least 40 percent in an employer’s incidence rate between 2015 and 2016;
– A difference of at least 75 percent in an employer’s 2016 incidence rate and the 2015 South Carolina average rate for that industry; or
– Worked one million or more safe work hours without a lost-time injury or illness
Rising Star Award
– A difference of at least 75 percent in an employer’s 2016 incidence rate and the 2015 national average rate for that industry
Gleaming Star Award
– Less than 100 employees and demonstrates a culture of safety and health both on site and in the community
The application is available here: www.scosha.llronline.com. You may print the application from the Division of Labor website and submit it by: email: firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: 803-896-7670, or mail: Post Office Box 11329, Columbia, SC 29211.
The application deadline is February 27, 2017, at midnight.
Powered by WPeMatico